Well I did the on site interview last Friday, a week ago, and I thought it went very well. That evening I had another phone interview, this time with the intercompany funding controller, which I also thought went very well. I came away from both thinking that this is the type of role with which I am very familiar, and I could easily imagine myself working with these people. I was told that the next stage would be an onsite HR interview, and after that there was a possibility that the Irish M.D.'s boss in the US might want to talk to the successful candidate.
So it's been a week, and I have heard nothing from them since. Diddly squat. I really don't know what to do now, and the waiting is just driving me insane. If I was going through an agency, I would be ringing the agency now to get them to chase it up. Would it be very forward of me to call them at this stage to try and get an update? If they had six candidates to interview, and even if I was the first one a week ago, shouldn't they have come to some decision by now? Patience really is not a virtue of mine.
Bailing or Failing
21 hours ago